POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. All payments are processed by pre-authorized credit cards or auto draft from chequing accounts on the first of the month. Private lessons ($90 per month for weekly 30 minute lessons/$180 per month for weekly 1 hour lessons at our location.) Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books, instruments or accessories.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2. For any lesson missed by a teacher, FESM will attempt to provide a substitute teacher. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson with the teacher will be scheduled promptly. For any lesson missed by a student, FESM holds one hour group make up class on scheduled Saturdays. The classes are age and level appropriate and are held between the hours of 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. To sign up for a makeup class, contact the office and not the instructor for a date and time. Student must give 24 hours notice to qualify for a make-up lesson.
3. To discontinue lessons and to discontinue charges to your account, please fill out a withdrawal form before the 15th of your last month. We do not prorate for tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students will be responsible for their last month’s tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
AVERAGE OF FOUR LESSONS PER MONTH
4. Monthly tuition is based on a 48 week year. We are closed four weeks for holidays. In the long months, you will get 5 lessons, short months you will get three lessons, and most months you will get four lessons. The tuition is the SAME each month; i.e. we don’t charge you more when you have five lessons, and we don’t charge you less when you have three lessons in a month. This makes everyone’s accounting easier.
5. FESM operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer unlimited makeups for our students, and they are held on scheduled Saturdays. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the next month, your payment is still due on the first of the month to reserve your lesson space. The lessons for the time you missed can be made up when you return from vacation.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6. The school is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain at the premises during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
7. Parents are always allowed to sit in on lessons. We have an open door policy for lessons.
8. Parents, legal guardians of minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. Fort Erie School of Music is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles or items stolen from vehicles.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the school. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. FESM assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.